Sparkly vampires. Sadist billionaires. Let’s get REAL about Twilight and Fifty Shades!
Being part of the Twilight and Fifty Shades fandoms has literally changed my life. And I mean that in both forms of “literal”—these stories influenced both what I read and the people I have connected with.
In this first episode of the shiny, new, rebooted Infatuated Podcast—previously called the GraveTells Romance Podcast—I dish with two of my girlfriends about the books, the trips, and the friendships that came out of our mutual love for these two fandoms.
S1E1 of the #InfatuatedPodcast is for you Twilight or Fifty Shades fans out there. And for anyone wondering why the heck grown women flock to these angsty young stories.
Inside this podcast
While it’s not a full-on transcript, here’s a quick overview of some of the things we chat about in this episode:
- How we made lifelong friends through these fandoms
- What Twilight teams we are (Sheryl’s might shock you)
- Our Twilight Mascot, Cardboard Edward (click to say hi on Facebook!)
- Why sparkly vampires are totally where it’s at
- My playlists for best of Fifty and Twilight on Google Play
- Fangirling about the beautiful end of Breaking Dawn Pt 2
- Will there be a Jacob-Renesmee book?
- Midnight Sun madness (and sadness)
- Sheryl’s movie-wine-smuggling shenanigans
- The scenes we loved most about the movies (Twilight and Fifty) and what was different from the books
- New Adult angst—it’s a thing!
- How inclusive and friendly the Twilight and Fifty fandoms are
- How I accidentally won a Twilight costume contest (as Victoria)
- Losing our shit at the Breaking Dawn 2 movie premier
- Twilight & Fifty trivia for hardcore fans!
- Plot holes in the movie regarding Bella’s shield ability
- Monique’s & my visits to Forks (blog links below, but probably really outdated info!), meeting Stephanie Meyer, getting engaged in the magical meadow (pics below!)
Note: You’ll need a Google Music subscription to listen to the full songs, but you can check out the samples and selections without one.
Fiending for your fix? Want to check out the hype?
These are some of the books and movies we chat about in the podcast. Click the image roll below for a better selection with some fun new items, like a Twilight piano songbook & the most excellent Fifty Freed soundtrack!
- The Twilight Saga (Kindle Edition) by Stephanie Meyer (all the books!)
- Twilight: Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer (kindle edition)
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (start here if you’re new to Twilight!)
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James (new to Fifty? Start here!)
- Fifty Shades of Grey box set by E.L. James
- Grey by E.L. James (the first book from Christian’s perspective)
Meet my guests!
Join the discussion
Are you a Twilight or Fifty fanatic? Or maybe you just don’t understand why it’s so popular. Where ever you are on the love-it-or-leave-it, spectrum, leave a comment and let us know your thoughts!